Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Inside Out S'mores Bars

If cooking gives me anxiety, then baking is like a full blown panic attack. Baking is just too precise of a process for me - all of the timing and measuring, no thanks. But, I'm a total sucker for baked goods (cookies and brownies in particular). I probably ask my roommates at least 3x a week to make brownies.

I'm also a total sucker for scrolling through Pinterest to see all of the fabulous baked goods people make. I usually look at the picture, instantly want it, click to look at the recipe, get overwhelmed with the number of ingredients or steps, close the link and settle for some store bought cookies.

However, the other day I came across a recipe for Inside Out S'mores Bars and read the directions 5x before I believed that the delicious concoction on my screen was that simple to make.

This was a great recipe. If you can follow the directions on the back of a box of brownies you can make these. Seriously. You just follow the directions of the back of the box - mix, eggs, water, oil (fun fact: you can substitute oil for applesauce for a healthier version and you'll never know the difference) - then you pour half of the mix into a large rectangular pan (smooth it out so it's evenly distributed), add a layer of graham crackers, cover with marshmallows and then top with the rest of the brownie batter. Bake for about 25-30 min and voila!

I loved the fact that I only used one bowl to make them in so the clean up was simple but the dish still felt a little more complex than your basic box brownie mix. I definitely suggest letting them cool awhile before digging in since the marshmallows make them extra ooey gooey.

Now, if only all baking was this easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment