Friday, February 20, 2015

Fresh Bruschetta

Who doesn't love appetizers? Most times at a restaurant it's the first thing my eyes go to on the menu. One of my personal favorites is some fresh bruschetta and I think I've gotten pretty good at making it myself.

I've used this recipe a handful of times to bring as an app to dinner parties or sometimes just as dinner  for myself. I've also gotten creative with it and topped tilapia with it for a more complete meal. I think the best part of bruschetta is how quick and easy it is to make, all it involves is a little bit of chopping!

(This photo is from the bruschetta tilapia dinner I made a few years ago. So good and fresh with a glass of white wine!)

Ingredients
4 medium sized tomatoes
1/2 red onion
A handful of fresh basil leaves
1 cup of balsamic
1/3 cup oil (+ a small amount more to drizzle over the bread)
A pinch of salt
A loaf of crust bread
Grated parmesan cheese

1. Start by chopping up the onion, tomatoes and basil into small pieces and combine in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the balsamic, olive oil and a pinch of salt and mix thoroughly.
3. Slice bread into about 1/2 in thick slices. Add a swipe of olive oil to the top and bake for about 5 minutes at a low heat.
4. Remove the bread from the oven, top with about a tablespoon of the bruschetta mixture and sprinkle some parmesan on top.
5. Enjoy!

The other great thing about bruschetta is none of the proportions need to be exact. I rarely measure or time anything when I'm making it and its so easy to modify to your own taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment