Thursday, February 27, 2014

Musical Musings

I love music. Whether I'm cooking, showering, on my way to work, at work, working out (which is like never) I always have music playing.

I am by no means a musical expert and really have no musical background - in fact, I'm kind of tone deaf. But I do love listening to anything from rap to indie. (Please note: I hate country, minus Taylor Swift which doesn't count as country.)

Lately, I've literally been listening to nothing but The 1975 - you can ask my roommate, it's all that has been playing in our apartment. They sort of sound a bit like a mix of Two Door Cinema Club, Walk the Moon, and Foster the People in my opinion. While I honestly love all of their songs that I've heard, my favorites would have to be Sex, Chocolate, and Menswear. Below is the music video for Sex (don't mind the nip at 1:59).




Additionally, I recently had the opportunity to see one of my friend's sister's perform. I know it's very cliche to say that an artist has their own unique sound and "doesn't sound like anyone else," but I seriously don't know of an artist with a sound quite like Jaqui Grae's. If I had to pick, I would say a bit like Florence and the Machine - but definitely a lot more 80's rock sounding.

She also just did a really great job putting on a show. Super relaxed on stage and almost conversational on stage. Hope Comes and Home (which you can watch here) were definitely my two favorite songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment