Thursday, February 20, 2014

Recent Reads: The Fault In Our Stars

Another one of my goals is to read more. Growing up I loved reading and I constantly had book or series that I was engulfed in. However, as I got older I found it harder to find time for read to pleasure and I found it hard to find books that interested me. Last year, I think I read a grand total of 3 books. Pathetic.

So in an effort to read more, and read more interesting reads, a friend and I have started a two-woman-long-distance-book club. The first on our list of books is The Fault In Our Stars. I got it on Monday and I've had trouble putting it down.


It is truthfully a very easy read but it is thought provoking. I won't summarize it because I dislike book summaries for several reasons (1. They ruin the book. 2. I don't like putting words in the author's mouth. 3. You should be free to make your own unbiased judgments and assessments of the true meaning of the book.) But I will say the book deals with cancer patients, however, it is not depressing - well at least not yet, I'm only halfway through it!

I would definitely recommend reading it and am looking forward to seeing the movie when it comes out in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment