Sunday, March 29, 2015

Bye Beantown, Hello Windy City

So, the past few weeks have been crazy. Like really crazy. In less than a month, I accepted a job in Chicago, sold most of my furniture, moved out of my apartment in Boston, rented a mini-van, drove halfway across the country, moved into a studio apartment in Chicago and started work at PR agency in Chicago. My head is still spinning a little. Don't get me wrong, I loved Boston. Really loved it. (Seriously, check out all of these great memories I have there.) But I always knew I would find myself in Chicago in the next few years. Did I think 2015? No. But everything sort of just fell into place. And I'm a true believer that some things are just meant to be, and if all the signs are saying go for it - you better effing do it. So I did it.

(Home sweet home)

I've gotta give a major thanks to Babcia and Poppy because they helped so much in the moving/setting up a new apartment process. I've never lived completely by myself before. I've had a variety of unique living situations, but never completely by myself. I wasn't sure how much I would like it at first - I'm a people person, I like company and people to talk to and do stuff with. But so far, (maybe I'm jumping the gun by saying this because I've only been in the apartment for two weeks) but I LOVE it.

The space is small. Like really small. Do you know how small 350 sq ft is? Neither did I. But I sure do now. Honestly, at times it feels like a glorified dorm room. I can see my bathtub and kitchen sink all from my bed. I'm taller than my refrigerator. My bathroom may be larger than my kitchen. But it's great and it's all mine. That's what I love about it. All 350 sq ft of it are mine.

I haven't been able to do much exploring of the city yet (and haven't really wanted to since the weather has been cold, wet and windy) but I can't wait to. There's so much to do right in my neighborhood! And my commute to work is SO easy (pending traffic it can be as quick as 15 minutes door to door with about 4 minutes of walking).

I can't wait to document what my new adventures here will bring - I've already had a couple!


No comments:

Post a Comment