Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Recent Reads: Yes Please

I don't think I've ever read a memoir before but I think Amy Poehler's Yes Please was a great one to start with. The book is very conversational, it feels like Amy Poehler is just causally talking to you in your living room - sharing her life experiences and thoughts on different topics.


I grew up watching Amy perform on SNL and loved to hear her take on things. She discusses growing up just outside of Boston, the birth of her children, the beginnings of her career, her time on SNL and her work on Parks and Recreation. She touches on her divorce and throws in bits of wisdom and life lessons. The book is funny. It's relatable. It's very worth reading.

The book itself is fun to read. Amy adds color by sprinkling old candid photos, scraps of paper and notes, and fun quotes to live by. A few of my favorites below:



(I actually half disagree with this one.)


Amy also discusses her work on Amy Poehler's Smart Girls - a wonderful site that I just learned of and that you should definitely check out.

This book is so worth reading if you're looking for an enjoyable, uplifting and relatable book. Also, I'd just like to put it out there that I really think if Amy Poehler and I ever met we would be best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment