Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Recent Reads: Sharp Objects

I read another Gillian Flynn book – Sharp Objects.

On the positive side of things – the book was an easy read, kept you interested and provided the same chilling detail that Gone Girl did.

On the negative side of things – the book was so effed up (like gave me twisted dreams level of effed up), some of the character development was lacking and it really felt like the author rushed the ending. Seriously, the whole book is wrapped up in like five short pages.



Chicago reporter Camille Preaker is sent back to her hometown of Wind Gap, MO to investigate the murder of two young girls. As Camille dives into the murder investigations she is faced with some familiar faces from her past and some unsettling discoveries from about her family.

Was I interested while reading it? Yes. Was I disappointed after I finished it? Yes. But not because I never wanted it to end, but because I was actually disappointed with the authors “quick and easy” ending.


I read this with a group of girls here in Boston and the feeling was mutual. I can’t say you shouldn’t read it, but I don’t think it should be high on your reading list.

No comments:

Post a Comment