Sunday, September 14, 2014

Recent Reads: The Lullaby of Polish Girls

I randomly picked up this book while purusing Barnes & Noble a few weeks ago. I had never heard of it but felt like I had to read it because of my Polish heritage.


The book itself was not anything to write home about but it kept me interested mainly because of the handful of Polish words that I was able to understand and the Polish traditions referenced in it that my family also partakes in.

My favorite was that the main character called her grandmother Babcia - which if you know anything about me, you know that is what I call my grandmother. Her Babcia also wore nightgowns all the time with no bra and pockets sewn into the front - which is my Babcia's uniform.

I won't go into the plot line of the book because there truthfully wasn't much of one. But if you have a family with real Polish pride like mine, its kind of a fun read.

No comments:

Post a Comment