Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Sweet, Sweet Summer

This past weekend summer weather truly made an appearance for the first time this year in Boston. Summer is easily my favorite season and I happily welcomed the sunny skies and heat. Even though the heat can get to me sometimes, I'd take it any day over the bitter cold of winter. Plus some of my favorite things come with summer:

The Beach
I'm a beach bum through and through. I like the sun on my face, the sand under my feet and breathing in that salty air. I think that's my new favorite part of Boston - the fact that I can hop on the T and in less than 40 minutes I'm staring at that great, big blue ocean. Last weekend, I spent my Saturday lounging by Pleasure Bay and taking a tour of Castle Island.

(Pleasure Bay)

Eating Outside
From BBQ's to picnics to drinks on a patio I love it all. There is something inherently relaxing about spending an afternoon or evening eating and drinking with good friends in the sunshine. Roof-top decks are extra awesome because they provide a spectacular view to go along with a great meal, I'm excited to try some of Boston's - I know Laurissa has been itching to try the Rattlesnake Bar.

Boats
Coming in as a close second to the beach, being out on a boat is another one of my favorite things to do. It really doesn't matter to me what kind of boat either - racing shell, speed boat, coaching launch, kayak - I'm content on any. Sunday afternoon Laurissa and I took advantage of free sailing day in East Boston and I'm really looking forward to the weekend in July I'll spend on Tudd's boat.

(Sailing in the Boston Harbor)

Sundresses
Sundresses are my favorite article of clothing for several reasons: 1) Wearing them involves not wearing pants. 2) You don't really have to put an outfit together, you just put a dress on. 3) You can wear them anywhere. 4) Being 5'1" I have to get a lot of items altered because they don't fit, however, sundresses almost always fit me which is fantastic. I lucked out at H&M earlier this year and snagged a couple of cute ones for SUPER cheap (how can you say no to $4.50 for a dress?).

Weekend Trips
Obviously, you can take a weekend trip anytime of the year but summer's great weather just makes it all the better. I already kicked off the summer with Memorial Day weekend trip to Maine and have a long weekend in Michigan in July and Cape Cod getaway in August already planned, but I'm excited for some of the more spontaneous trips summer brings. Laurissa bought a Groupon for a water park (awesome!) and I want to take another trip to visit NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment