Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Recent Reads: Firefly Lane

This book was incredible! I can't tell you how many times I felt like the author, Kristin Hannah, was describing my life or how many times I cried. I actually finished this book on my flight back to Boston after Thanksgiving and balled on the airplane - seriously, the girl in the seat next to me was staring at me as I tried to silently sniffle back my tears.

Firefly Lane tells the story of two best friends growing up in the 1970's. It follows them through their college years in the 1980's, young adulthood in the 1990's, and motherhood and career advancement in the 2000's. It talks about their relationships with their families, men, their children, and most importantly each other.

(Cozy night in)

The book is pretty daunting in size, but such a quick and easy read. I will admit though there was a portion about 3/4ths of the way through where I was a little bit bored.

But really, this book was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment